Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Dental implants can renew a tired, broken smile. Thanks to their versatility, they can help patients in many different situations and work alongside other cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures to restore your smile and help you look and feel your best. But how can dental implants help you? What can you expect from your implants? Answer these important questions and more with Dr. Mark Gamalinda at Today’s Dentistry in Chicago, IL.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant replaces a missing tooth and its root to restore its functionality and appearance. The implant itself is made up of three pieces: the fixture, the abutment, and the prosthetic tooth. Dentists implant the fixture into the jawbone to act as a replacement root. The prosthetic tooth is a tooth-shaped restoration made from porcelain. The abutment may be attached or separate from the fixture and connects the fixture to the prosthetic tooth.
What kinds of dental implants are available?
- Single Tooth Implant: This procedure requires one implant to replace one missing tooth. The implant stands on its own and does not require the help of surrounding natural teeth to anchor into place.
- Multiple Tooth Implant: A multiple tooth implant also stands on its own and utilizes two implants on either side of a bridge-like restoration. The bridge fits onto the implants and replaces several teeth in a row.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant-supported dentures use four or more implants spread over the arch to stay in place. Unlike traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures can remain permanently in the mouth without the need to remove or soak them nightly.
Dental Implants in Chicago, IL
Dental implants are made to last and, with the proper care, will replace your tooth’s root for a lifetime. While the prosthetic tooth may require maintenance or replacement eventually, the implant’s fixture remains in place for the rest of your life. Implants’ non-removable nature means that they require no more care than your natural teeth, with careful brushing twice daily and flossing between each tooth at least once a day. In addition to your at-home oral care routine, seeing your dentist twice a year for routine examinations and cleanings will help keep your teeth healthy and free from decay.
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Gamalinda at Today’s Dentistry in Chicago, IL. Call (773) 334-1801 to schedule your appointment for a consultation with Dr. Gamalinda today!
Are you suffering from tooth decay? Have you considered tooth-colored fillings? Here in Chicago, IL, our dentist, Dr. Mark Gamalinda, can help you get the smile you want.
Fillings and Dental Bonding in Chicago
In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your dentist will:
- Clean your teeth to ensure they're plaque-free.
- Then he'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth.
- The dentist will then apply composite resin that matches the color of your teeth.
- The last step consists of the composite being hardened in place with a curing light and shaping your teeth into the right form.
Advantages of Tooth-colored Composite
- Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, can be accomplished in one visit
- The procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your dental needs
- The composite used is made of plastic resin and finely ground glass-like particles, which won't allow your teeth to turn gray over time
- Your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you don't have to worry about applying too much pressure
Maintaining your New Bonding
Dental bondings require the same care as all your teeth. Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, and floss at least once before going to sleep at night. This will help keep your teeth healthy and avoid new cavities invading your new tooth-colored fillings.
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call our Chicago, IL, dentist, Dr. Mark Gamalinda, today to schedule an appointment!
How dental implants from Chicago can improve your smile
You deserve a whole, beautiful smile. You deserve to look great and enjoy the foods you love. If your smile and biting function is suffering due to lost teeth, there is a solution, dental implants! Dental implants are the revolutionary way to replace lost teeth, restore biting function and give you back your smile. Dr. Mark Gamalinda at Today’s Dentistry in Chicago, IL, wants to share how you can restore your whole smile, thanks to dental implants.
There are many reasons why people choose dental implants instead of conventional tooth replacement methods like bridges, partials or dentures. These are just some of the benefits you will enjoy:
- Stability; implants are firmly embedded in bone and won’t move
- Natural beauty; implants look just like natural teeth
- Health; implants can be brushed and flossed just like natural teeth
- Convenience; you never have to take them out
Dental implants will make you proud of your smile again! When you are proud of your smile, your self-confidence and self-esteem will increase. No more hiding! Dental implants can also help you look younger by preserving your firm jawline and the natural, youthful contours of your face.
Your dental implant treatment begins with a simple in-office procedure to place the implant in your jaw. Over time, your body will produce more bone to fuse with the implant. Eventually, the entire implant will be completely surrounded by bone. After the implant is secure, a beautiful, new implant crown is placed on top of the implant.
With dental implants, you can replace a single missing tooth, or multiple missing teeth. You can also add a supportive framework to hold your denture firmly in place.
Dental implants can restore your whole smile, and restore the way you look and feel. You deserve a procedure that does more than just replace missing teeth. To find out more about what dental implants can do for you, call Dr. Gamalinda at Today’s Dentistry in Chicago, IL. Get the smile you deserve by calling today!