Posts for tag: fillings
Are you suffering from tooth decay? Have you considered tooth-colored fillings? Here in Chicago, IL, our dentist, Dr. Mark Gamalinda, can help you get the smile you want.
Fillings and Dental Bonding in Chicago
In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your dentist will:
- Clean your teeth to ensure they're plaque-free.
- Then he'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth.
- The dentist will then apply composite resin that matches the color of your teeth.
- The last step consists of the composite being hardened in place with a curing light and shaping your teeth into the right form.
Advantages of Tooth-colored Composite
- Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, can be accomplished in one visit
- The procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your dental needs
- The composite used is made of plastic resin and finely ground glass-like particles, which won't allow your teeth to turn gray over time
- Your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you don't have to worry about applying too much pressure
Maintaining your New Bonding
Dental bondings require the same care as all your teeth. Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, and floss at least once before going to sleep at night. This will help keep your teeth healthy and avoid new cavities invading your new tooth-colored fillings.
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call our Chicago, IL, dentist, Dr. Mark Gamalinda, today to schedule an appointment!